SalentOS Official Community

THE PURE OPENBOX EXPERIENCE!

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-03 09:05:20

lrichard
NEWLY_REGISTERED

Re: Upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04

Dear Community,

I would like to ask how can I upgrade my Ubuntu 14.04?
I have a dell laptop with pre-installed Ubuntu on it and I would like to change to SalentOS.
If I try to boot the disc, the splash screen halts and at the end of the boot screen I get into the "Dell Recovery Software". I happens with every distribution except Dell-Ubuntu Recovery disk, which installs Ubuntu 12.04. I have upgraded to 14.04.

So if I add the SalentOS repository to my sources.list which packages do I need to install to the full SalentOS-experience?

Thank you for your help!

#2 2015-05-03 12:28:41

gian64
Administrator

I don't understand: Salentos live cd don't boot? 

Now  pass the request to the other team members

Hallo and welcome to SalentOS Community

Where are you from?

Voglia di lavorare saltami addosso...

#3 2015-05-03 12:33:55

gmstyle
Administrator

lrichard wrote:

Dear Community,

I would like to ask how can I upgrade my Ubuntu 14.04?
I have a dell laptop with pre-installed Ubuntu on it and I would like to change to SalentOS.
If I try to boot the disc, the splash screen halts and at the end of the boot screen I get into the "Dell Recovery Software". I happens with every distribution except Dell-Ubuntu Recovery disk, which installs Ubuntu 12.04. I have upgraded to 14.04.

So if I add the SalentOS repository to my sources.list which packages do I need to install to the full SalentOS-experience?

Thank you for your help!

Hi friend! You need to make a fresh install of SalentOS because we have many packages less than standard ubuntu and also many are diffrent.

Quannu la urpe nu rria all'ua...tice ca è tifara!

Board footer